Life & Money Matters is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, which exists to "educate","instruct" and "coach" individuals to financial wellness and financial literacy.
PASSION FOR FINANCIAL WELLNESS
Life & Money Matters exists to promote financial wellness and financial literacy.
To instruct, educate and coach individuals in the areas of personal finance and estate planning, using practical and concise strategic concepts.
To observe family units living a happier, stress-free financial life by assisting them with the creation of an achievable, strategic, long-term financial and estate plan.
L&MM was founded in 2014 by Michael Burt to broaden the use of financial strategies and as an effort to promote financial literacy and financial wellness in corporate, government, church and most importantly, home settings.
Life & Money Matters offers a "holistic" strategic approach to life and money as they intersect.
Michael Burt is Executive Director and Founder of L&MM. He served in ministry for 42 years with a 5 year hiatus into the business world as VP of a record company in Nashville, accountable for a $6M division. He also served in the United States Marine Corps.
Burt is trained as a Dave Ramsey Personal Financial Coach and is also an Estate Design Strategist through Lifestyle Giving. He also holds Bachelor and Master Degrees in Music.
Burt's practical expertise and experience was demonstrated over a 29 month period when he assisted 45 families in developing a plan to pay off over $541,000 of debt. He also counseled 35 families with a net estate value of $56,209,149 to avoid $22,838,554 in taxes, while leaving $13,384,419 to charities.
Life & Money Matters, Inc. sells NO products.
DO YOU HAVE THESE CONCERNS?
Do you and your spouse struggle over money? - 85% of divorces are caused by financial problems
- Do you know what percent of your income should go toward groceries/food? - every category of a budget should have a limit
- Do you know how to reduce your debt? - there are strategic plans to overcome debt
- Do you know the difference between a term and permanent life policy? - there are multiple uses for all types of insurances
- Do you know how to save for the necessities of life? - there are three categories of savings: liquidity; durable goods and retirement
- Do you plan on having enough for retirement? - the greatest fear among geriatrics is out-living their money
- Do you know how to reduce or avoid taxes while being a charitable giver? - you can avoid capital gains taxes and receive 100% of the value of the appreciated asset by donating the investment prior to selling